Some of the topics covered in the session included:
• What do Foster Carers do?
• Some of the anxieties and fears that the children may have
• Confidentiality – who needs to know what?
• The types of child abuse
• How to respond to any disclosures a child might make
• The risks that may occur from different situations
• Safer caring practices
• Behaviours – what can be done to promote good behaviour / discourage poor behaviour
If you are one of our Foster Carers and think this course may benefit some of your family and friends, please contact your social worker to find out more information. Or if you are interested in becoming a foster carer, and would like to attend please get in touch.