The purpose of this consultation exercise is to gather views about the content of draft Strategy and Action Plan and the consultation template provided asks three questions about whether the Strategy is focussed in the right areas, whether other reference materials could be included and whether the priority actions will deliver the strategic objectives.
Talk to Me 2 focusses on suicide and self harm prevention. Its overall strategic aim is to reduce the suicide rate in the general population. In addition it will also promote, coordinate and support plans and programmes for the prevention of suicidal behaviours and self harm. via collaborative work across statutory and third sector organisations.
There are six objectives:
- awareness raising
- responses to crisis and early intervention
- information and support for the bereaved
- supporting the media in responsible reporting
- reducing access to the means of suicide
- supporting learning information and monitoring systems to improve understanding of suicide and self harm.
Visit http://gov.wales/consultations/healthsocialcare/talk2/?lang=en for consultation documents