The NICE Collaborating Centre for Social Care (NCCSC) is a consortium led by the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) in partnership with the:
- Evidence for Policy and Practice Information and Coordinating Centre, which is part of the Social Science Research Unit at the Institute of Education, University of London
- Personal Social Services Research Unit at the London School of Economics and Political Science and the University of Kent
- Research in Practice
- Research in Practice for Adults
The scoping group meets three times to help shape the 'scope' (or the framework) for the guideline. The role of the scoping group member will be to provide insight and challenge based on their experience and knowledge of care services. Following the completion of the scope, a Guideline Development Group (GDG) is formed, whose role it is to review the evidence on the topic and develop guidance. The scoping group member can apply for membership of the GDG as well, if this is of interest. This will be a formal recruitment process managed by NICE in July 2014.
- Work with the NCCSC scoping group to develop the scope of the guideline.
- Advise on the composition of the GDG, which will be a multi-disciplinary group including frontline social care and health practitioners, service users and carers, commissioners and others as appropriate.
- Support the work of the NCCSC project team between scoping meetings to ensure timely delivery of activities that contribute to the development of an effective scope.
- Highlight areas where service user and carer preferences and choice may need to be acknowledged in the guideline.
- Experience of, or an interest in, child abuse and neglect, from the perspective of a service user, parent or carer
- Time to commit to the work of the scoping group: attending all meetings and the stakeholder workshop, background reading, commenting on draft documents etc.
- Good communication and team working skills
- Understanding of equality and diversity, coproduction and participation.
- Experience of being on similar groups
- Understanding of research and guidance development
Scoping Group 1: 19th May 2014 (10.00am - 12.00pm), London
Stakeholder Workshop: 13th June 2014 (9.30am - 1.30pm), London
Scoping Group 2: 16th June 2014 (11am - 1.30pm), London
Scoping Group 3: 28th August 2014 (1pm - 4pm), London
Fees and expenses
A fee of £150 per day (£75 per half day) and reasonable expenses are available.
How to apply
Please provide the following key documents:
- A short statement (no more than one page of A4) outlining how you meet the key and desirable skills and your motivation for applying for the post
- Contact details of a nominated referee
- Declaration of Interests form
Or post to:
NICE Collaborating Centre for Social Care
206 Marylebone Rd
If you would prefer paper copies of these forms, please email, write to, or telephone Mavis Taylormavis.email@example.com or Tel. 020 7535 0940.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss the role further, please contact the Co-production Leads:
Michael Turner -Michael.Turner@scie.org.uk Tel: 020 7535 0944
Pete Fleischmann - Pete.Fleischmann@scie.org.uk Tel: 020 7535 0955
Please return your completed forms by Tuesday 6th May (5pm)
The NICE Collaborating Centre for Social Care will decide whom to recruit to the scoping group. Please note that submitting an application does not automatically guarantee a place on the Scoping Group.