The resources will equip trainers with materials, knowledge and skills around a range of key topics, including:
- the legal frameworks that underpin fostering and adoption
- child-centred approaches and communicating with children and young people
- impact of parental behaviour
- supervision and reflection
- child, foster carer and adopter experiences
- assessing and matching the needs of children to approved foster carers or adopters
TACT was delighted to be invited by RIP to join its consortium, as not only do we have expertise in this area, but we recognise the importance of getting these issues addressed within social care, in order to help young people in the care system.