This is in recognition of the first-rate customer service delivered to the children and young people we work with, our commissioners, foster carers, partner agencies and neighbours.
The Customer Service Excellence Award is only granted to organisations that can demonstrate at least 80% compliance in areas of customer insight, culture, information and access, delivery and timeliness and quality of service.
The latest inspection, which concentrated on service delivery, quality and timeliness, awarded us 100% compliance, putting us at the very top of our sector.
“Following the assessment, St Christopher’s Fellowship were found to have a deep understanding and a commitment to Customer Service Excellence. The commitment was found from Senior Management levels through to operation and front line staff”
CSE report, October 2012.
The assessment particularly praised the following areas:
- The Floating Support Service based in Greenwich, which was praised by young people and their families for the way staff help to increase their confidence rather than encouraging dependency.
- Knowland House, our spot-purchase transitions service for young people aged 16+, for meeting commissioner’s needs for high quality, short notice support placements for young people.
- The “Outstanding” status recently gained at two Bedfordshire children’s homes, especially as these were achieved under the new, more rigorous OFSTED framework.
- The WRAP films, that offer accessible and accurate information on how to avoid homelessness and increase awareness of diversity issues.
- The impressive way St Christopher’s encourages children and young people to get involved in a range of external and internal activities, highlighting Challenge for Change (C4C) as an excellent example of consultative responsiveness.