To ensure that the panel best represents the diversity of the community we serve, we are particularly looking to recruit members from the BME community.
The ideal panel member would currently be a foster carer, or have recent experience of fostering, with the desire to share their experience to help influence the quality of care given to vulnerable children. Training will be provided to support you in your role.
Our panel members meet monthly, usually on the last Wednesday, and occasionally Tuesday, of each month, from 1.00 pm to approximately 5.30 pm. Travelling expenses and a fee of £150 are paid per panel meeting. The fee includes preparation reading for the meeting, attendance on the day and subsequent agreement of the minutes.
Panel members receive all the papers at least 5 working days before a panel meeting and are expected to read and prepare themselves before the meeting.
The essential requirements of this role are:
- Current or recently experienced foster carer
- A cv demonstrating relevant experience
- Enhanced CRB check (obtained by St Christopher’s)
- 2 satisfactory references
- Enthusiasm for excellence in the assessment of foster carers
- Wish to improve the lives of looked after children
St Christopher’s Fellowship
1 Putney High Street