Many of us recognise that foster care today can feel driven by targets, processes and procedures and that it can be all too easy to lose sight of the child in the middle of it all.
This year’s conference will challenge that situation, providing new insights and tools so members of the fostering team – whether they are foster carers, social workers or team managers – can put the child at the heart of foster care every time.
The conference will:
- focus on new insights to improve foster carer recruitment
- consider how to implement the recommendations from the Care Inquiry
- explore a social pedagogic approach to foster care
- debate what a truly child-centred care system looks like.
Seminars and workshops
We will be hearing from a variety of high profile, expert speakers through a combination of keynote addresses, workshops and seminars. Speakers include:
- Robert Tapsfield, chief executive, the Fostering Network
- Edward Timpson MP, children’s minister in England
- Dr Roger Morgan, Children’s Rights Director for England
- Professor Pat Petrie, Centre for Understanding Social Pedagogy, University of London
- Trustees of the Fostering Network.