These are the top 15 reasons why children and young people are calling the Voice helpline:*
- "I want to move" or "I don't want to move"
- "I want to continue my education, training or employment"
- "I need more money or support with my finances, benefits or debt"
- "I would like some support at my meeting"
- "I need somewhere to live"
- "I want more (or less) contact with family"
- "I want to complain"
- "I have a problem with my Social Worker or Personal Advisor"
- "I would like support through the Child Protection process"
- "There are problems with my Pathway Planning"
- "I want more (or less) contact with my Social Worker or Personal Advisor"
- "I am homeless and Social Services won't accommodate me"
- "I don't feel safe" (e.g. gangs, safeguarding issues, bullying, trafficking & sexual exploitation)
- "I have got problems with my Immigration status"
- "I would like some legal advice"
* As at April 2013