The ideal panel member would currently be a foster carer, or have recent experience of fostering, with the desire to use their experience to help influence the quality of care given to vulnerable children.
Our panel meets monthly, usually on the last Wednesday, and occasionally Tuesday, of each month, from 1.00pm to approximately 5.30pm. Travelling expenses and a fee of £100 are paid to each member attending a panel meeting. As we are hoping to build up a pool of panel members, depending on your skills or experience, you may not be asked to attend every month.
If you join our panel, you will receive all the papers at least five working days before a panel and will be expected to read and prepare yourself before the meeting.
The essential requirements of this role are:
- Current or recent experience as a foster carer
- A CV demonstrating relevant experience
- Enhanced CRB check (obtained by St Christopher’s)
- Two satisfactory references
- Enthusiasm for excellence in the assessment of foster carers
- A wish to improve the lives of looked after children
Fostering Panel Adviser
St Christopher’s Fellowship
1 Putney High Street